Tuesday, February 1, 2011

In The Beginning!

The last two week I found myself stuck here at home sick.  And it didn't take long before I found myself board to death.  After a few days I couldn't find any "Good" to watch on TV.  Then I cam across Jaws on Show Time.  I had just watched Avatar on Blue Ray (for the 4th time) and it was almost as good as seeing it in 3-D at the theater. But there was something about the movie Jaws that just really appealed to me.  I wasn't really sure what it was about that movie that I just loved but I couldn't get enough of it.  I started really thinking about it and I realized what it was. It was everything!  The acting, the cinematography, the simple but intriguing story line, it was everything about it.  I DVRed it and watched it over and over.

Jaws was filmed in 1975, so I started googling movies that were filmed in the 70's and 80's and struck gold!  There are so many great forgotten movies from this time period that there are just to many to list.  So I decided to start this Blog to share some of these great movies as I watch forgotten ones and discover new ones.  I've found that a great place for finding and watching these movies is Netflix.  You can watch most movies instantly and get the rest in a few day by mail.  Here is some info and my thought about Jaws.

First of all, this is a movie that needs no introduction.  If you don't know or at at least heard about the movie Jaws you're either under the age of 12 or you've been living under a rock your whole life.  Even though the movie is 37 years old, it is a pop culture staple.  There are countless references to Jaws in any number of TV shows and movies.

Basically, a Great White shark begins to terrorize the small island community of Amity, a police chief, a marine scientist and a grumpy fisherman set out to stop it.  Its one of my all time favorite movies.

Favorite Quote "We're gonna need a bigger boat."




If you haven't seen this move, you need to.  Its a must!

D.J. Wyatt

No comments:

Post a Comment